Certificate in TEYLT
- Duration 3 to 5 months
- Class Duration 3 to 5 months
- Institution STI MYANMAR UNIVERSITY LONDON TEACHER TRAINING COLLEGE-UK
- Seats Available 25 Student
ABOUT THE COURSE
The TEYLT programme imparts skills and knowledge needed to
effectively teach English to young learners (aged 4 to 11 years) and
teenagers (aged 12 to 16 years). This program gives you an
introduction to the theory and practice of contemporary English
teaching. It also provides a solid basis in the fundamentals of
language teaching practice to this special group of learners. At the
end of the programme, students will have the confidence to take
control and manage this special group in the classroom.
Learning Outcome Upon completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand the English language better
- Be familiar with the varieties of English
- be able to teach young learners more effectively
- be well-versed in language tutoring methodology
- know how to select and use materials to teach English
- know how to design syllabuses and curricula
- know how to plan lessons
- know how to organize and manage classes
Students should preferably be:
- competent speakers of English;
- have obtained at least 3 credits in GCE ‘O’ Level with a credit in GCE ‘O’ Level English as a First Language or;
- have obtained an equivalent qualification, e.g. IELTS Band 6.5/ TOFEL 600/ High School English standards from regional countries).
Students will take an English Proficiency Test upon enrolment conducted by the school to determine their entry into the course.
The minimum age of students must be 21 years old.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Course Contents / Why is it important to teach a second/foreign language? How young learners and teenagers learn languages, Stories and speaking activities, Writing activities, Songs, Thymes and Chants, Listening, Vocabulary Building, Games, Puzzles and Quizzes, The Syllabus , / . Assessment Two hour open book written exam. Students are allowed to bring in their course notes, textbook and other materials to the examination hall during examination.