MSc (Public Health)
- Duration 24 – 36 months, part-time
- Class Duration 3 – 6 hours per day
- Institution UOB ( UK )
- Seats Available 35 Student
- Level 7
ABOUT THE COURSE
This course focuses students to develop practical and critical public health skills, underpinned by a sound understanding of associated theories. On completion of the course, students will be enabling their potential impacts on further health policy development and implementation in local, national and global perspective.
This internationally recognised program the MSc in Public Health had been designed to provide with an in depth understanding of issues in public health principles and practice both form a local,national and global perspective.
A bachelor degree English proficiency:
IELTS band 6 or equivalent
Specific Features to the Course
- Upon completion of this course all students become eligible to apply for fellow membership of the UK Royal Society for Public Health.
- Successful completion of this course provides some basic grounding for UK Faculty of Public Health Part I Examination.
There is a wide range of career opportunities in the area of public health including public health specialist, public health advisor, public health researcher, epidemiologist, lecturer in public health, project manager and project coordinator, to name a few. The examples of work places are research and health care facilities, health screening and preventive health care facilities, health promotion campaign in governmental and non-governmental organizations. Progression Pathway This course will provide ground for further doctoral and subsequent post-doctoral studies in various universities around the world.
To put really lecturer photos and profiles in related lecture profile
To place download site for application form
To write complete address/phone number/website address/email address
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
• - Principles, policies and issues in public health (15 credits), •- Public health research methods (15 credits), • -Epidemiology in public health (15 credits), • -Ethical and legal issues in public health and social care (15 credits), •-Public health intelligence (15 credits), • -Health care commissioning (15 credits), •- Public health protection (15 credits), •- Health and social care inequalities (15 credits), -Students need to submit a Dissertation. (60 credits),
Methods of Assessments
The assessment strategy is designed to assist you in identifying, reflecting on and meeting your own learning needs in relation to your working environment. Each unit is further designed to develop your public health skills in ways which are directly relevant to your workplace.
In order to assist in your future professional and career development, each assignment will require you to identify and develop a competency from the UK Faculty of Public Health framework which forms the basis of your learning and underpins your assessment. As you undertake the course units, you are given the opportunity to develop your skills in arange of public health techniques via the assessments. For example, you will be required to develop an Action Plan; write a newspaper article summarizing a complex public health issue into layman’s terms; write a public health report; develop a public health research proposal; develop a public health presentation; and design a public health poster. Each of these assessments will enable you to demonstrate the ability to critically understand and evaluate complex public health issues and communicate these effectively to a range of audiences.
Admission Entry Criteria
Any Degree holders with IELTS overall band scores 6 (individual 5.5)
Note: Undergraduate degree from a University. IELTS Score of 6.
Copy of Degree Certificate
Copy of Transcript of Degree Certificates
NRC Card in Notarial Translation
Family Member List (Census) in Notarial Translation
Recommendation letter (In English)
Copy of IELTS Result (if any)
Copy of Other Certificate (if any)
Copy of passport (if any)
Passport photos (any color background)
MSc (Public Health) - February, October